Somatic Therapist in Berkeley CA


DIGNITY * AUTONOMY * INTEGRITY

Although I am a licensed professional, you are the expert of your life.
Hello, I am Ashley Gregory (pronouns she/ her/ hers), and I practice Somatic Psychotherapy grounded in the intersections of social, cultural, political and economic studies. As a queer-identified, able-bodied and cis-gendered woman with class and race privilege, I prioritize naming how social locations shape the ways we move and show up in our lives. Together we can go deeper, demystifying and getting at the roots of abusive systems (institutions/values/behaviors) towards acting on empowering stances. In collaboration, we will honor how you have gotten to this moment.
The way I integrate my somatic orientation into our work will reflect our unique connection. I may ask you to bring your attention to a movement or gesture or invite you to be curious about a sensation or feeling you’re having in the moment. We may practice using new words to describe how you are feeling inside, creating a shared language for your experience and paying close attention. Ultimately, you are in control and I am a guide.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Trauma Therapy

COVID-19 Free Resources To Support You and Your Family

New Parents Needing Support