Professional Clinical Counselor

 


SUPPORTING ADULTS, TEENS, CHILDREN AND FAMILIES

IN-PERSON THERAPY IN BERKELEY AND ONLINE THERAPY FOR CA RESIDENTS


Hi I’m Christina! I am an Associate Marriage & Family Therapist and Associate Professional Clinical Counselor.

In my work I utilize a person-centered and collaborative approach to therapy and blend attachment theory and narrative theory. I am passionate about supporting youth, adults, and families with diverse backgrounds. I utilize different tools such as play, art, and mindfulness to support individuals in communicating and processing their experiences, challenges, and needs.

I am patient and will always meet you where you’re at during your journey. I do my best to understand how you’re feeling, what’s going on in your life, and strive to create a safe environment and healthy relationship with you. I believe when one feels safe in therapy, transformation and growth can take place.

UTILIZING A STRENGTHS-BASED APPROACH TO HELP INDIVIDUALS STRUGGLING WITH SELF-ESTEEM

In a world that may tell you you’re not enough, especially with the access to the media and social media, can leave individuals comparing themselves to others and truly believing they’re not “enough”. But, what is “enough”? I help individuals explore what being “enough” means to them and help them identify internal strengths they already have. The way we talk to ourselves impacts the way we view ourselves. We can work together to identify and reduce negative self-talk that may be harming your self-esteem and instead use more positive self-talk. The more positive we are toward ourselves, the more we believe in ourselves, which means doing things in life that we thought we couldn’t do before.

CONNECTION AND REGULATION

I am passionate about supporting children and teens in developing a better understanding of who they are, what they need, and feeling more connected to themselves. It can be difficult for a parent to know what’s going on with their child as youth can struggle communicating what’s going on. Some children may report pain in their body such as stomach aches or headaches. I help youth in feeling connected to themselves by gaining awareness regarding somatic feelings they have so they can develop skills on giving their body what it needs to help regulation. I utilize different medians of art and play to provide a space for youth to communicate, process challenges and create a space to heal.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Trauma Therapy

COVID-19 Free Resources To Support You and Your Family

New Parents Needing Support